Quick and Easy Ground Beef and Pasta Dish
A quick and easy ground beef and pasta dish. Add a side salad or heat up a can of vegetables and supper is ready.
More cooking during the stay-at-home order
Like most of you, I am doing a lot more cooking now because of the Corona Virus stay-at-home order. I cook a lot anyway, but before our new normal, we also ate out frequently. Coming up with meals is challenging no matter what.
Because my husband is a cattle farmer, we have plenty of ground beef in the freezer. But even if your husband is not a cattle farmer, the grocery stores will occasionally have deals on ground beef and that’s a good time to stock your freezer with it.
Ground Beef – It’s What’s for Dinner
Ground beef is very versatile and there are many ways to fix a main dish with it…spaghetti, sloppy joes, chili, tacos, etc. I’ve also made vegetable soup using ground beef. Today, I had a pound of ground beef thawed out without a clue as to what I was going to with it.
Quick and easy ground beef and pasta dish
When it was time to prepare our meal, I decided to make something with the ground beef using some leftover pasta in the refrigerator from yesterday. I’ll just mention here also that I made some homemade bread this morning and I wanted to make a meal to serve with that. A dish with a brown gravy in it sounded good so I decided to make a beef noodle dish. It was easy and quick, and it tasted good too! I named the recipe Beefy Noodle Dish.
Beefy Noodle Dish
A quick and easy go-to main dish
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cups water
- Beef bouillon powder (use amounts according to package directions for each cup of water)
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups of cooked pasta of choice (more if you prefer)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef in a skillet, drain and set aside. (If you don’t have leftover pasta, you can cook some while you're browning the ground beef)
- Dice up ½ cup onions. Pour 3 tablespoons of oil into a skillet (I used the same skillet I browned the ground beef in). Cook onions in the oil on medium heat until translucent.
- While onions are cooking, mix beef bouillon powder into the water. Add the flour to the bouillon/water mixture and mix well with a whisk. Pour mixture into the skillet with the onions.
- Cook on medium high heat and whisk until mixture starts to bubble and thicken into a gravy. Salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat down and simmer about 10-15 minutes whisking occasionally.
- Add the cooked ground beef to the gravy mixture and stir.
- Strain the cooked pasta in a colander and then add the pasta to the beef and gravy mixture. Let simmer an additional 5-10 minutes. Done!
A quick and easy comfort food during this unprecedented time in our life. I pray everyday for an end to this virus. May God be with you all.
2 thoughts on “Quick and Easy Ground Beef and Pasta Dish”
I could not refrain from commenting. Exceptionally